Job Location: Pretoria, South Africa
A high performance, dynamic, driven, and growing company operating in the motor industry has a vacancy for a Driver (Engines for Africa – Pretoria)
In this role, the driver will pick up materials/stock and transport them between our locations, as well as make deliveries directly to customers and/or branches. We’re looking for someone who has a proven track record of safe, skillful driving. The ideal candidate will enjoy being behind the wheel, seeing new places, and meeting new people.
- Deliver materials to designated locations in a timely fashion.
- Comply with all traffic laws and company safety regulations.
- Maintain a clean and operational vehicle.
- Represent the company positively and professionally in interactions with customers and the general public.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the local area and the most efficient routes.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Operate company vehicles to make pickups and deliveries.
- Help with loading and unloading vehicles.
- Complete pre- and post-trip safety and operations checklists and documentation
- Use GPS technology to find and follow optimal routes.
- Assist with regular vehicle inspections, arranging maintenance when necessary.
- Refuel vehicles and ensure they’re always ready for use.
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid forklift license (preferred)
- Clean driving record for at least one year
- Ability to drive for extended periods.
- Strong commitment to safety
- Excellent navigational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with the local area
- Market related based on experience (please state salary expectations when applying)
Please send your CV & a Cover Letter to:
Quote Job Title in subject line
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.